The topic for this week's #WOCinTech Chat was going to be security and privacy in the tech space but alas — real life got the best of us! In lieu of the chat, here are some resources to check out if you are interested in security as a profession (or just curious!) and resources to help you protect your privacy on the Web (this is by no means an exhaustive list):
- Co-founder Christina Morillo offers some tips for breaking into a career in infosec.
- Read Lesley Carhart's "Starting an InfoSec Career" series (first post & second post).
- Attend a security training through the SANS Institute at a heavily discounted rate through the SANS Work Study Program.
- Defensive Security's "Entering the Infosec Biz" includes e-learning resources, conferences and meetups, security blogs, and other things people interested in the field should know about.
- The Smart Girl's Guide to Privacy: Practical Tips for Staying Safe Online by Violet Blue.
- Yubikeys by Yubico strong 2-factor authentication.
- Learn more about Virtual Private Networks, choose a VPN provider, or set up your own OpenVPN.
- Check out the list of devices recently used to access your Google accounts.
- Security Starter Pack - simple steps to asses your personal risk, protect your data & incorporate privacy tools the Electronic Frontier Foundation
Do you have any infosec/privacy resources you would like to add? Tweet us and we will add them!